Handling interactions with a renter in Rockingham County
One of the primary services that a property management expert in Rockingham County performs is providing a level of separation between the tenant and the rental investor. The best practice is for the landlord to deny any direct contact with the tenant. Important tip for rental investors: never share your contact information with the renter.
Tenants in Rockingham County often ask to change lease provisions, or make other special requests. The property management professional knows the lease and knows why the lease provisions are there in the first place. A tenant can catch an uniformed rental investor at a moment of ignorance causing the rental investor to grant a request that is against the owner's own interests.
The consequence of acceding to what appears to be simple request can be a disaster in the long run. Furthermore, once the renter believes there is a higher authority to appeal to, the renter will appeal all matters to the landlord, which cost the landlord time and effort.
Renters will use contact with the rental investor to build a personal relationship with the owner. Personal feelings can make it much harder for the owner to make objective business decisions in a impersonal manner. Additionally, the tenant can hound or harass a property owner at strange hours or with unreasonable requests.
We're paid to be your protect the landlord's interests. It's harder to do that job when the tenant is going to ask the landlord to overrule our work.
a handy reference for property owners in Rockingham County
- Before you rent out your investment in Rockingham County
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Rockingham County landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Rockingham County
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Rockingham County