A Reference For Owners Of Properties Managed By Nesbitt Realty
Nesbitt Realty is a family-owned and operated real estate brokerage serving Northern Virginia. Our brokerage helps people buy, sell and rent real estate. Our brokerage also manages many rental properties such as your property. We take that responsibility seriously and we look forward to providing timely and reliable service. Nesbitt Realty manages condominiums, townhouses and single-family houses. In this reference, “Nesbitt Realty” refers to the Realtors, property managers and brokers of Nesbitt Realty as well as such handymen, maintenance persons or cleaning people as Nesbitt Realty might dispatch.
Nesbitt Realty will provide you a copy of the lease. No changes in the terms of a lease by a landlord or tenant will be valid unless the changes are allowed by the lease and the government, and both parties consent in writing to the change. Our landlords generally use the VRLTA lease as written by staff attorneys at Virginia Association of Realtors specifically for use in Northern Virginia for residential property.
This reference is NOT a part of the lease or property management agreement. This is just a collection of tips which we provide to help answer some of the questions we get from landlords.
We are pleased to have the opportunity to be of service.
Have you completed your property management information form?
The property management information form is how we document unique aspects of your property. Filling out this form now can save you money later. We manage many properties and sometimes it's hard to remember everything about every property, but this form will memorialize important details about your property. [Property Management Information Form]
Help is just a phone call away.
We're a family business that stands ready to take your calls at (703)765-0300.
Northern Virginia Rental Management Resources
a handy archive for property owners in Northern Virginia
- Before you put a renter in your investment in Northern Virginia
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds tenants
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Northern Virginia owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Northern Virginia
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Northern Virginia