How we handle the utility companies for your rental investment in Northern Virginia
Please plan on paying your utilities through to the second day of the tenant taking possession of the property. We advise tenants to put utilities in their name 1 day before occupancy. We encourage this overlap between tenant and rental investor to ensure that the utilities do not go off during the transition.
Nesbitt Realty provides award-winning property management services.
Learn more about how we can help you achieve your real estate goals.
a good source for property owners in Northern Virginia
- Before you put a renter in your rental property in Northern Virginia
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for landlords using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Northern Virginia property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Northern Virginia
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Northern Virginia