How we deal with the utility companies for your rental in Northern Virginia
Please plan on paying your utilities through to the second day of the tenant taking possession of the rental property. We advise renters to put utilities in their name 1 day before occupancy. We encourage this overlap between tenant and property owner to ensure that the utilities do not go off during the transition.
Buying Tips & Suggestions
Find out why clients love our tiny family business.
a handy reference for property owners in Northern Virginia
- Before you lease out your rental in Northern Virginia
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Northern Virginia owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Northern Virginia
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Northern Virginia