Your property manager does most of the work.
Although we'll do the heavy lifting, as the landlord, you must:
- Permit us to keep your rental in good and safe condition;
- Allow us to obey building codes and housing regulations pertaining to fair housing, health and safety;
- Allow us to keep your reserve funds in proper order.
Item 3, means that we may need to replenish your contingency account from time to time to pay for maintenance. Whenever possible we will do this from collected rents rather than collecting from you.
a handy archive for property owners in Rockingham County
- Before you lease out your rental property in Rockingham County
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Rockingham County rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Rockingham County
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Rockingham County