What happens in Alexandria Crossing when the lease ends?
At the end of the lease in Alexandria Crossing, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The rental investor could choose not to renew the lease or the renter could choose to not to renew the lease. If the owner wishes to end the lease, or end our management services, please send us written notice as described in your property management agreement.
If we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your rental producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will usually contact a renter 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease term in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the tenant two options:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the rental investment up for another year with a small rent increase.
When renters break the lease
Sometimes circumstances arise that require a tenant to end the lease before the lease term is over. When this happens, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the owner. If a renter leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the renter to surrender the deposit but this is never a windfall for the rental investor. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new tenant .
Readying the rental
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon renter move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the tenant 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the rental investor replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the rental owner paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the property owner's name.
a good archive for rental investors in Alexandria Crossing
- Before you move a tenant into your property in Alexandria Crossing
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Alexandria Crossing owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Alexandria Crossing
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Alexandria Crossing