Are tenants in Alexandria Crossing required to pay for renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Alexandria Crossing to obtain a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants obtain renter’s insurance which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Nesbitt Realty provides award-winning property management services.
Learn more about how we can help you achieve your real estate goals.
a good archive for property owners in Alexandria Crossing
- Before you lease out your rental in Alexandria Crossing
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Alexandria Crossing rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Alexandria Crossing
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Alexandria Crossing