Are tenants in Alexandria Crossing required to pay for renter's insurance?

The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Alexandria Crossing to obtain a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants obtain renter’s insurance which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.

Nesbitt Realty provides award-winning property management services.

Learn more about how we can help you achieve your real estate goals.