We expect and train renters in Alexandria Crossing to remit rent on time. Nearly every tenant we've ever managed has taken advantage of the grace period at some point during their lease, but we are very persistent about explaining that rent is due on the first day of the month. After the first day of the month, the lease allows for a grace period because sometimes unexpected events can cause the best laid plans to go wrong. If the renter pays during the grace period, there is no late fee charged to the renter.
When the tenant pays late we collect a late fee to cover the additional costs this imposes on us. It's no more or less work to take one late rent check to the bank than to take a stack of timely checks to the bank.
It is in the best interest of both the tenant and owner to come to an agreement to avoid the cost, inconvenience, and time involved in the court process. An eviction can jeopardize a renter’s ability to secure future housing and will impact their rental history and future rental references.
The best way to avoid an eviction process is to start with good tenant screening and background checks. There is a process that can take a number of weeks to evict a renter. All evictions require a court hearing and an order signed by a judge. Because this process is lengthy, Nesbitt Realty is very swift to act when a renter is even a day late.
a handy reference for property owners in Alexandria Crossing
- Before you put a renter in your rental in Alexandria Crossing
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Alexandria Crossing landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Alexandria Crossing
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Alexandria Crossing