Do you need a renter for a rental in Harrisonburg?
We don't just find tenants. We find good tenants.
The key to great rental management is great tenants. Nesbitt Realty rarely has issues with tenants that we place.
Nesbitt Realty has experience with difficult renters because we've inherited difficulties from property owners who selected their own tenants, or from real estate investors who have brought us tenants from other rental management companies.
The key to discovering a good renter is starting with an understanding of the criteria that describes a good
We don't just find tenants. We find tenants fast.
If your rental is ready for a tenant, we immediately appoint a property manager to get the real estate investment advertised. One of our Realtor will contact you to make arrangements to take photos. Unless the owner has other instructions, within 48 hours we will have the home on many's of websites including Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads and our own website. We will push the property onto the desk of every property manager in Harrisonburg.
The real estate agent will scrutinize your rental and make recommendations that could improve your property's rental value. The real estate agent will also notify you of maintenance that are required before we can assist you. We can make suggestions for maintenance people if necessary.
The property manager will also build a comparative market analysis to best know the market rental value of your real estate investment. By comparing your property to similar real estate investments that are on the market and comparing your property to properties that recently rented in Harrisonburg we can nail down the actual value of your property. From there we can make a recommended list price for the property.
- How we find tenants— More about our marketing process and our fees;
Do you already have a tenant?
Many of our new rentals in Harrisonburg have tenants in place. If so, great we're happy to help settle your renter into our system.
If you're curious about our process for transitioning a renter to our property management system we're proud to talk about how we work.
Harrisonburg Rental Management Resources
a handy reference for rental investors in Harrisonburg
- Before you move a tenant into your rental in Harrisonburg
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for landlords using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Harrisonburg landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Harrisonburg
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Harrisonburg
More Information About Harrisonburg
Should you understand more about this area?
Nesbitt Realty's Guide to Real Estate is a handy resource for everyone who wants to investigate real estate facts about Harrisonburg and nearby communities. The Guide to Real Estate has data regarding what has sold and what is for sale, and some shocking facts that you may not be aware of. Also, our Guide has quite a few of the aspects of life in Harrisonburg. Definitely, most of this is interesting for buyers and sellers, but real estate investors and renters should also find these tools to be quite eye-opening.