Are renters in Luray required to buy renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Luray to obtain renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that tenants buy a renter's insurance policy to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. An owner’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Nesbitt Realty provides award-winning property management services.
Learn more about how we can help you achieve your real estate goals.
a useful reference for landlords in Luray
- Before you rent out your rental in Luray
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Luray landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Luray
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Luray