A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Luray
Several laws govern relationships between renters and property owners in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of renters and real estate investors in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. In addition our local governments in and around Luray have additional ordinances regarding to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty strives to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep up to date on changes in the laws as they are published. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a renter and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage will never to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rentals. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a handy source for property owners in Luray
- Before you put a renter in your rental in Luray
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Luray rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Luray
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Luray