Are tenants in Clifton required to buy renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Clifton to purchase renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that renters purchase renter’s insurance which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A property owner’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a free reference for property owners in Clifton
- Before you rent out your property in Clifton
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Clifton property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Clifton
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Clifton