A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Clifton
Several laws govern relationships between tenants and property owners in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of renters and landlords in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. Not to mention our local governments in and around Clifton have specific ordinances pertaining to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty strives to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep abreast of changes in the laws when they occur. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a renter and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage refuses to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rental properties. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a good source for property owners in Clifton
- Before you move a tenant into your property in Clifton
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Clifton property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Clifton
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Clifton