Everyday we meet people who are PCSing to Northern VA for the first time. We know that the move can be hectic under any circumstances, but we will do our best to help minimize the troubles you'll face. We've prepared these slides to help you learn a little more about us and get you started on learning about Northern Virginia.
Nesbitt Realty is a real estate brokerage licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia and State of Maryland. Many of our agents are members of the Nesbitt family, but all of our agents will treat you like family.
Locals trust us because we provide the same services as a national chain realty but with a hometown touch. We're big enough to get the job done, but small enough to appreciate each and every client. Learn more about us.
About Our Military Connections
Nesbitt Realty's past and former clients have ranked from E-4 to O-9 and most every rank in between. Many of our agents have served in or been closely involved in the military lifestyle:
- Will Nesbitt --- Our principal broker was in the US Army as a Russian Linguist/Signal Intelligence Analyst
- Julie Nesbitt --- Julie's father was retired US Army who was involved in combat missions in Vietnam. Julie's grandfather fought in World War II and Korea. Julie and Will's son Aubrey served in the US Army as a signal man
- Ron Ginyard --- Ron is a retired US Marine Corps Master Sergeant. Among other duties, he served as a recruiter.
Our agents are familiar with the benefits and potential pitfalls of VA loans and can plot the best course to achieve your relocation goals.
- Local Experts --- Will Nesbitt was born in Fairfax Virgina and has lived in the area for most of his life. Julie and Will raised their sons in Fairfax County. Today, our business focuses on Northern Virginia.
- Real Estate Experts --- Yes, we know Northern Virginia, but we also know the all-important in's and out's of buying, selling, renting and managing real estate in Northern VA.
- Customer Service --- We almost always answer the phone and we always return calls in a prompt and timely fashion. We appreciate your business and make sure you know it.
- Integrity --- We hold our agents and ourselves to the highest ethical standards. We do not just because we live and work here, but because it's the right thing to do.
- Work Ethic --- Nobody works harder than we do.
Now and at anytime, feel free to pick up the phone and give us a call at 703 765 0300. Try calling and asking for the principal broker a national chain realty and compare that to Will Nesbitt. Our broker is just as likely to answer the phone as one of his agents.
We're always ready to volunteer helpful advice and to interview for the opportunity to work for you. In the meantime, please check out our website.
We've taken the time to compile one of the area's largest and most comprehensive sites dedicated to Northern Virginia real estate. On the next slide, we'll give you just a few neighborhood links to explore in places that we've found are popular with incoming military.
Let's face it. There are more than a million homes in the area. We look at houses every single day for years on end and we still find surprises sometimes. Stuart grew up here and went to school here and he's still learning some back corners of Northern Virginia. It can take decades to get to know a place as large and diverse as Northern VA.
That means that there is no way you're going to really get to know Northern Virginia by sifting through pages of listings and pictures of homes. Listings alone will only tell you so much. But that's where our agents and our Guide to Northern Virginia come in. Both are a great resources for incoming military. The Guide starts you at the satellite level and allow you to work your way down by breaking down the area into manageable communities so that you can drill down into areas of interest. With your feedback, our agents can fill in the details and point you to things you might have overlooked.
Northern Virginia and Washington DC have a reputation for having too much traffic, congested roads and long commutes.
Our retired Marine Ron Ginyard will tell you this reputation is mostly well deserved. However, once we know exactly where you'll be working we can suggest some of the best communities to suit your budget and your tolerance for commuting. What follows are a few communities that come to mind but the list is by no means exhaustive. It's just a launching point for those who want to explore but have no idea where to begin.
High-Ranking Military, CIA, Department of Defense Officials
- Suburban -- Mclean, Mount Vernon, Seminary Hill, Great Falls
- Urban --- Crystal City, Rosslyn, Clarendon, Old Town
- Suburban --- Vienna, Fair Lakes, Fairfax, Fort Hunt,
- Urban --- Shirlington, Carlyle District, Falls Church
- Suburban --- Centreville, Chantilly, Woodbridge, Franconia
- Urban --- Huntington, Dunn Loring, West End Alexandria
Of course, we believe that anyone in America can live anywhere they can want. This list is not meant to be exclusive or exhaustive but this list is reflective of where some of our experience has led us. That's because rank is often linked to buying capacity and the communities at the top of the list will command the larger prices. Once we know your tastes, your budget and where you'll be posted we can make specific suggestions tailored to your interests.
What about a Military Rebate?
Some real estate brokerages promise to pay their buyers a rebate or refund; but one thing we all know is that there is no free money in America. Be warned that some companies will promise you a refund or a rebate if you use their lender. Some lenders will promise you a refund if you use their broker. Let us start by saying that Nesbitt Realty will match or beat any refund or rebate, but you should read more about where this money comes. We are a family-run business and we keep everything above-board and straight-forward and we don't uses gimmicks to pretend to be something we are not just to get your business.
Seeking a rental?
Yes? We help military folks like you find rentals everyday. Read more about our services for renters here.
However, please consider that if you will be in the area for more than 2 years you should definitely consider making a purchase. That's because with a VA loan and today's low rates, it will probably be cheaper for you to buy than to rent. If you've already used your VA eligibility on another purchase we can explain how to buy in Northern Virginia.
We serve renters with immediate and specific rental needs.
Our renter’s resource page will answer common questions like:
- What is a rental agent?
- How much do you charge?
- What areas do you serve?
- Where can I search for homes?
We will honor the trust you put in us by making sure that you enjoy an easy and fruitful relocation.
- The Pentagon --- http://www.defenselink.mil/
- Military District of Washington --- http://www.mdw.army.mil/
- Fort Belvoir --- http://www.belvoir.army.mil/
- Quantico --- http://www.quantico.usmc.mil/
- Ft. Myer --- http://www.fmmc.army.mil/
- Andrews Joint Service Base --- http://www.andrews.af.mil/
- Bolling Joint Service Base ---
- Armed Forces Benefit Association --- http://www.afba.com/
- National Defense University (Ft. McNair) --- http://www.ndu.edu/
- Naval Research Lab --- http://www.nrl.navy.mil/
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center --- http://www.wramc.amedd.army.mil/
- Bethesda National Naval Medical Center --- http://www.bethesda.med.navy.mil/
- Basic Allowance for Housing --- https://secureapp2.hqda.pentagon.mil/perdiem/bah.html
- Military OneSource --- http://www.militaryonesource.com/skins/MOS/home.aspx
- Military Compensation --- http://www.dod.mil/militarypay/pay/bp/01_activeduty.html
- Military Homefront --- http://www.militaryhomefront.dod.mil/moving