Seeking a rental?
Yes? We help military folks like you find rentals everyday. Read more about our services for renters here.
However, please consider that if you will be in the area for more than 2 years you should definitely consider making a purchase. That's because with a VA loan and today's low rates, it will probably be cheaper for you to buy than to rent. If you've already used your VA eligibility on another purchase we can explain how to buy in Northern Virginia.
Stay Within Your Budget
The first step for any renter is to establish a realistic budget. Without a budget you will not be able to make an informed decision about the type of property that you are able to afford, and you may eventually find yourself struggling to pay your rent.
When drawing up a budget you need to consider your fixed costs. These are payments that must be made monthly and they cannot be altered. You need to subtract your fixed costs from your monthly income. These could include car insurance, travel costs, school fees, and debt repayments. Then, you should also subtract your living expenses such as food, entertainment, and medical bills. Once you have subtracted all these costs, you will be able to determine the amount that you have available to spend on rent per month. It is important to be realistic when you draw up your monthly expenses; and it is a good idea to include an additional amount to be set aside for emergencies, savings, and unexpected expenses. Once you have a clear idea of your rental budget, you may then start looking for a property that suits both your lifestyle requirements and is within your budget. This is a good time to contact a Rental Agent. Rental Agents have access to all the available rentals. They can ensure that you get good value for money; and best of all, they cost the renter nothing.
Call Us At (703)765-0300
We're standing by to assist or advise as needed.
We are most helpful for military personnel stationed at or in-bound to the following bases, forts and outposts:
- Homes for sale near Mark Center Complex
- Relocating / PCSing to Fort Belvoir
- Relocating / PCSing to Fort Myer
- Relocating / PCSing to Henderson Hall in Arlington VA
- Relocating / PCSing to Joint Base Andrews / Andrews Air Force Base / Naval Air Facility Washington
- Relocating / PCSing to National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
- Relocating / PCSing to Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Relocating / PCSing to Telecommunication and Information Systems Command (TISCOM)
- Relocating / PCSing to the Pentagon
Nesbitt Realty is a real estate brokerage licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia and State of Maryland. Many of our agents are members of the Nesbitt family, but all of our agents will treat you like family.
Locals trust us because we provide the same services as a national chain realty but with a hometown touch. We're big enough to get the job done, but small enough to appreciate each and every client. Learn more about us.
- The Pentagon --- http://www.defenselink.mil/
- Military District of Washington --- http://www.mdw.army.mil/
- Fort Belvoir --- http://www.belvoir.army.mil/
- Quantico --- http://www.quantico.usmc.mil/
- Ft. Myer --- http://www.fmmc.army.mil/
- Andrews Joint Service Base --- http://www.andrews.af.mil/
- Bolling Joint Service Base ---
- Armed Forces Benefit Association --- http://www.afba.com/
- National Defense University (Ft. McNair) --- http://www.ndu.edu/
- Naval Research Lab --- http://www.nrl.navy.mil/
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center --- http://www.wramc.amedd.army.mil/
- Bethesda National Naval Medical Center --- http://www.bethesda.med.navy.mil/
- Basic Allowance for Housing --- https://secureapp2.hqda.pentagon.mil/perdiem/bah.html
- Military OneSource --- http://www.militaryonesource.com/skins/MOS/home.aspx
- Military Compensation --- http://www.dod.mil/militarypay/pay/bp/01_activeduty.html
- Military Homefront --- http://www.militaryhomefront.dod.mil/moving
Our agents have the experience and local knowledge to find your dream home.
Nesbitt Realty is a family-owned brokerage that works hard for your business. Most of our agents have military experience or connections.
We will honor the trust you put in us by making sure that you enjoy an easy and fruitful relocation.