Seeking a rental?
Yes? We help military folks like you find rentals everyday. Read more about our services for renters here.
However, please consider that if you will be in the area for more than 2 years you should definitely consider making a purchase. That's because with a VA loan and today's low rates, it will probably be cheaper for you to buy than to rent. If you've already used your VA eligibility on another purchase we can explain how to buy in Northern Virginia.
Buying a home is a life-changing event. It is the biggest single purchase most people will make in their lives. But many potential home owners ask the question, “Why buy when you can rent?” A recent realtor.com® survey of more than a 1,000 potential home buyers found that the increase in rental costs is the main driving force behind the move to buy a house. Twenty-three percent of younger buyers (18 to 34 years old) cited rising rent as the main trigger to purchase their own property. Danielle Hale, realter.com®’s Chief Economist explains that despite the current housing market, where inventory is low and purchase prices high, potential buyers still have certain traditional views on property. Privacy tops the list for older home buyers. They are mostly looking for property that suits their long-term or retirement needs. Millennials on the other hand want their home to be a reflection of who they are while still offering stability and meeting the needs of their family. Being a first time home buyer is a daunting experience and it can take a while to find the right property to suit both the buyer’s needs and their budget.
Call Us At (703)765-0300
We're standing by to assist or advise as needed.
We are most helpful for military personnel stationed at or in-bound to the following bases, forts and outposts:
- Homes for sale near Mark Center Complex
- Relocating / PCSing to Fort Belvoir
- Relocating / PCSing to Fort Myer
- Relocating / PCSing to Henderson Hall in Arlington VA
- Relocating / PCSing to Joint Base Andrews / Andrews Air Force Base / Naval Air Facility Washington
- Relocating / PCSing to National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
- Relocating / PCSing to Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Relocating / PCSing to Telecommunication and Information Systems Command (TISCOM)
- Relocating / PCSing to the Pentagon
Nesbitt Realty is a real estate brokerage licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia and State of Maryland. Many of our agents are members of the Nesbitt family, but all of our agents will treat you like family.
Locals trust us because we provide the same services as a national chain realty but with a hometown touch. We're big enough to get the job done, but small enough to appreciate each and every client. Learn more about us.
- The Pentagon --- http://www.defenselink.mil/
- Military District of Washington --- http://www.mdw.army.mil/
- Fort Belvoir --- http://www.belvoir.army.mil/
- Quantico --- http://www.quantico.usmc.mil/
- Ft. Myer --- http://www.fmmc.army.mil/
- Andrews Joint Service Base --- http://www.andrews.af.mil/
- Bolling Joint Service Base ---
- Armed Forces Benefit Association --- http://www.afba.com/
- National Defense University (Ft. McNair) --- http://www.ndu.edu/
- Naval Research Lab --- http://www.nrl.navy.mil/
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center --- http://www.wramc.amedd.army.mil/
- Bethesda National Naval Medical Center --- http://www.bethesda.med.navy.mil/
- Basic Allowance for Housing --- https://secureapp2.hqda.pentagon.mil/perdiem/bah.html
- Military OneSource --- http://www.militaryonesource.com/skins/MOS/home.aspx
- Military Compensation --- http://www.dod.mil/militarypay/pay/bp/01_activeduty.html
- Military Homefront --- http://www.militaryhomefront.dod.mil/moving
Our real estate agents are dedicated to excellence and are required to continue their education after licensing.
Nesbitt Realty is a family-owned brokerage that works hard for your business. Most of our agents have military experience or connections.
We will honor the trust you put in us by making sure that you enjoy an easy and fruitful relocation.