When prices were declining, many home sellers were having a lot of trouble accepting the market value of their properties. Even though the prices might seem high to those moving to Northern Virginia, some sellers are still adjusting to the market.
- We tell them the odds. Calculate the absorption rate in their area. Divide “1” by the number of months of housing inventory. For instance, if there are 12 months of inventory on the market, the probability of selling in any given month is 8.3 percent. The probability of not selling is 91.7 percent.
- We explain the cost of not selling. That includes paying the mortgage, insurance, utilities, etc., plus the cost of any further price declines.
- We compare the price per square foot. Show the seller the prices of comparable homes sold on a price-per-square-foot basis.
- We point out how much lenders are willing to loan on similar properties. If a house can’t qualify at the price the sellers seek, few will be able to buy it.
- We show them the goods. Take sellers on a tour of competing properties and show them the online tours of those that sold previous.
- We use online pricing tools. Sites such as NesbittRealty.com help us demonstrate competitive pricing.
Nesbitt Realty explains these fact so that sellers can make an informed choice about selling a home or condo today.
Sell Your Real Estate Fast and For The Best Price[Learn More]
Read your contract carefullyRead Your Contract Carefully Many renters barely even skim their rental agreement before signing their name at the bottom. Most renters are primarily concerned with the monthly charges, one time only fees, required deposits and other financial matters. Once they verify this information is accurate according to their conversations with the leasing agent, they often…
Buying Unfinished HomesUnfinished homes present a great way to save a lot of money and get yourself a new home in the process. If you buy an unfinished home, you can keep your monthly mortgage payment low and also lower your initial investment. You may also be able to buy a larger foundation size as well, which…
10 Ways To Find Investment Properties in ArlingtonIf you really want the best deals in investment properties, you have to increase your odds by finding more deals. Who is more likely to get a cheap apartment building, an investor that looks through the MLS listings and calls it a day, or the one that uses ten resources? Here are the ten: 1.…
Best House Color to Sell in Arlington VALove at first sight happens every day in Arlington real estate. So, what is the best house color to make a potential buyer become a love struck buyer?