A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Flint Hill
Several laws govern relationships between tenants and rental investors in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of tenants and landlords in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. Furthermore our local governments in and around Flint Hill have additional ordinances regarding to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty is obligated to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep up to date on changes in the laws as they happen. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a tenant and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage will never to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rental properties. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a handy archive for rental investors in Flint Hill
- Before you rent out your property in Flint Hill
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Flint Hill rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Flint Hill
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Flint Hill