What happens in Flint Hill when the lease ends?
At the end of the lease in Flint Hill, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The property owner could choose not to renew the lease or the tenant could choose to not to renew the lease. If the owner wishes to end the lease, or conclude our management services, please send us written notice as described in your property management agreement.
When we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your rental producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will routinely create a new lease for a renter 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease term in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the renter two options:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the property up for another year with a small rent increase.
When tenants break the lease
Sometimes circumstances arise that require a renter to end the lease before the lease term is over. If this occures, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the landlord. If a renter leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the tenant to surrender the deposit but this is never a windfall for the property owner. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new renter .
Readying the rental investment
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon tenant move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the renter 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the owner replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the rental owner paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the property owner's name.
a useful reference for landlords in Flint Hill
- Before you move a tenant into your rental in Flint Hill
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Flint Hill landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Flint Hill
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Flint Hill