Are tenants in Flint Hill required to buy renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Flint Hill to pay for renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants purchase renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Is it time to sell?
Call (703)765-0300 to talk with an agent.
a useful reference for rental investors in Flint Hill
- Before you put a renter in your rental in Flint Hill
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Flint Hill rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Flint Hill
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Flint Hill