How we manage repairs and maintenance of your rental property in Bush Hill Woods
Nesbitt Realty aims to maintain a high-standard of living in the rentals we manage. We will do what is necessary to ensure that the rental home exceeds the requirements of local building and health codes concerning the condition of your property .
So long as Nesbitt Realty is managing your rental, we promise to make necessary and timely repairs to keep your property in a livable condition. We will maintain in good and safe working condition all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning units as well as other facilities and appliances, including elevators, supplied or required to be supplied by the owner. We will make a reasonable effort to prevent the accumulation of moisture and the growth of mold. We will always provide and maintain good quality trash cans and trash pick-up services in common areas of your property. Unless the systems are in the process of being repaired or upgraded, we will supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water at all times as well as reasonable air conditioning, if provided, and heat when needed. We will strive to make all repairs and upgrades in a timely manner.
We want to keep your unit in good shape so we will occasionally schedule inspections of your property to keep things in top order. Inspections are performed by licensed home inspector for a nominal fee. Some repairs are not the rental investor's responsibility. For example, if the tenant damages or misuses the property, the renter can be held responsible for the cost of the repair. However, the inspection could uncover optional work/maintenance and we'll consult with the rental investor before taking on any optional repairs.
Upgrading your rental
Some tenants will want to obtain permission to paint. Other tenants want to install new carpet. Sometimes the renter pays for this. Often the landlord pays for the work but builds the cost into a rent-increase. We'll take a look at any proposal and try to make it work for you the rental investor.
If you wish to improve your rental please describe the work you want to have done and we'll look into coordinating the work.
a useful archive for rental investors in Bush Hill Woods
- Before you lease out your investment in Bush Hill Woods
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Bush Hill Woods rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Bush Hill Woods
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Bush Hill Woods