Are renters in Bush Hill Woods required to purchase renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Bush Hill Woods to buy renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that renters pay for renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a good source for property owners in Bush Hill Woods
- Before you move a tenant into your investment in Bush Hill Woods
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Bush Hill Woods rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Bush Hill Woods
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Bush Hill Woods