Are renters in Bush Hill Woods required to purchase renter's insurance?

The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Bush Hill Woods to buy renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that renters pay for renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.