What happens in Manassas Park when the lease term ends?
At the end of the lease term in Manassas Park, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The landlord could choose not to renew the lease or the tenant could choose to not to renew the lease. If the owner wishes to end the lease, or conclude our property management services, please send us written notice as described in your property management agreement.
If we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your rental property producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will routinely contact a tenant 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the renter two options:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the rental up for another year with a small rent increase.
When tenants break the lease
Sometimes things happen which make a renter to break the lease. If this occures, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the rental investor. If a renter leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the renter to lose the deposit but this is never a windfall for the owner. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new tenant .
Readying the rental investment
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon renter move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the tenant 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the property owner replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the landlord paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the owner's name.
a useful archive for rental investors in Manassas Park
- Before you lease out your rental in Manassas Park
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Manassas Park rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Manassas Park
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Manassas Park