Are renters in Manassas Park required to purchase renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Manassas Park to purchase a renter's insurance policy. However, our leases require that renters pay for renter’s insurance which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a good reference for property owners in Manassas Park
- Before you rent out your rental property in Manassas Park
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for landlords using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Manassas Park owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Manassas Park
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Manassas Park