Are tenants in Manassas Park required to obtain renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Manassas Park to purchase renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants buy a renter's insurance policy to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. A landlord’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Buying Tips & Suggestions
Find out why clients love our tiny family business.
a free reference for landlords in Manassas Park
- Before you rent out your property in Manassas Park
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Manassas Park owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Manassas Park
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Manassas Park