Are renters in Manassas Park required to buy renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Manassas Park to pay for a renter's insurance policy. However, our leases require that tenants pay for renter’s insurance which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A landlord’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a useful reference for rental investors in Manassas Park
- Before you lease out your rental in Manassas Park
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your managment company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Manassas Park rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Manassas Park
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Manassas Park