Your property manager does most of the work.
Although we'll do the heavy lifting, as the rental owner, you must:
- Permit us to keep your rental in good and safe condition;
- Allow us to follow building codes and housing regulations affecting fair housing, health and safety;
- Permit us to keep your reserve funds in proper order.
Item 3, means that we may need to replenish your contingency account from time to time to pay for maintenance. Whenever possible we will do this from collected rents rather than collecting from you.
a handy archive for landlords in Manassas Park
- Before you rent out your rental in Manassas Park
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Manassas Park rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Manassas Park
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Manassas Park