Credit scores range between 200 and 800, with scores above 620 considered desirable for obtaining a mortgage. The following factors affect your score:
1. Your payment history. Did you pay your credit card obligations on time? If they were late, then how late? Bankruptcy filing, liens, and collection activity also impact your history.
photo credit: Andres Rueda
photo credit: Andres Rueda
2. How much you owe. If youowe a great deal of money on numerous accounts, it can indicate that you are overextended. However, it’s a good thing if you have a good proportion of balances to total credit limits.
3. The length of your credit history. In general, the longer you have had accounts opened, the better. The average consumer’s oldest obligation is 14 years old, indicating that he or she has been managing credit for some time, according to Fair Isaac Corp., and only one in 20 consumers have credit histories shorter than 2 years.
4. How much new credit you have. New credit, either installment payments or new credit cards, are considered more risky, even if you pay them promptly.
5. The types of credit you use. Generally, it’s desirable to have more than one type of credit — installment loans, credit cards, and a mortgage, for example.
For more on evaluating and understanding your credit score, visit www.myfico.com.
Properties in Braddock District
Incredible, scenic view and well-maintained home in desirable Kings Park West Community.
Stunning Colonial in sought after Southport community! Beautifully updated throughout and all new renovated baths! Enjoy cooking a meal in the open kitchen featuring quartz counters, tile back splash and flooring, center island, tons of cabinetry and built-in desk, recessed lighting, and breakfast area.
Fully updated and incredibly spacious 3 BR 3.
Look no further for the perfect home to suit your needs.
Experience the captivating style of this wonderful townhome with its three fully finished levels in The Timbers community.
Bright and Cheery 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom garden style condo in the sought after Woodson school pyramid.
This is the most Charming Home I've had the pleasure of listing for sale in a long time * It is located on a quiet Cul-De-Sac with a nice level front yard with mature trees and completely fenced back yard * Before you get to the front door you will notice the comfortable front porch (perfect size for 2 rocking chairs) * You enter the front door into the Family Room with high ceilings and split level Overlook from the bedroom level * You will smell the fresh new carpet just installed last week as well as the fresh paint * Step down to the Dining Area with Picture Window that leads into the Country Kitchen with small Breakfast area * Kitchen has access from the garage and a bonus door to outside * The garage is deep which allows space for storage or a workshop table * For people who are Teleworking there is a Fios NTP installed in the garage for high speed internet * Upstairs you will find 3 spacious bedrooms * The hall bath is beautifully remodeled with Floor to Ceiling large ceramic tile, slate flooring, chrome faucets, and upgraded lighting * Stroll down to the Primary Bedroom with accent red walls * This primary bathroom is extravagant with Heated Slate Flooring, Custom Designer Shower with seating & Full body spray heads * Don't miss the clear glass bowl sink or double flush toilet * All bedrooms have a view to the backyard where you can see the blooming azaleas for a few more days * All this can be yours!.
This well priced condo is in the heart of West Springfield in an amazing community! Its minutes away from Lake Accotink Park, you can walk over to the VRE if you work in DC, and there are a bunch of shopping centers close by.
Picture a mid century (built 1964) garden condo community -- with truly a garden for a balcony view - and a terrific Fairfax City park (Providence Park) across the street.
See more in Braddock District