Your property manager does most of the work.
Although we'll do the hard work, as the rental investor, you must:
- Permit us to keep your rental in good and safe condition;
- Allow us to obey building codes and housing regulations affecting fair housing, health and safety;
- Permit us to keep your reserve funds in good order.
Item 3, means that we may need to replenish your contingency account from time to time to pay for maintenance. Whenever we can we will do this from collected rents rather than collecting from you.
a good archive for property owners in Rosslyn
- Before you rent out your property in Rosslyn
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Rosslyn owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Rosslyn
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Rosslyn