What happens in Rosslyn when the lease ends?
At the end of the lease term in Rosslyn, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The landlord could choose not to renew the lease or the tenant could choose to not to renew the lease. If the property owner wishes to end the lease, or conclude our property management services, please send us written notice as described in your management agreement.
If we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your rental producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will usually contact a tenant 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the renter two options:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the rental property up for another year with a small rent increase.
When tenants break the lease
Sometimes circumstances arise which make a renter to end the lease before the lease term is over. If this happens, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the landlord. If a renter leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the renter to surrender the deposit but this is never a windfall for the property owner. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new renter .
Readying the property
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon renter move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the tenant 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the rental investor replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the rental owner paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the rental investor's name.
a useful archive for landlords in Rosslyn
- Before you put a renter in your rental in Rosslyn
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Rosslyn landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Rosslyn
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Rosslyn