What happens in Rosslyn when the lease term ends?
At the end of the lease in Rosslyn, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The owner could choose not to renew the lease or the renter could choose to not to renew the lease. If the property owner wishes to end the lease, or conclude our property management services, please send us written notice as described in your property management agreement.
If we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your rental producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will routinely create a new lease for a tenant 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the tenant two choices:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the rental property up for another year with a small rent increase.
When renters break the lease
Sometimes things happen which make a tenant to break the lease. When this occures, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the rental owner. If a renter leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the tenant to surrender the deposit but this is never a windfall for the rental owner. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new tenant .
Readying the rental property
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon renter move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the renter 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the rental investor replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the rental investor paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the owner's name.
a free archive for rental investors in Rosslyn
- Before you move a tenant into your rental property in Rosslyn
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Rosslyn rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Rosslyn
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Rosslyn