Are renters in Rosslyn required to pay for renter's insurance?

The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Rosslyn to buy a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants purchase a renter's insurance policy which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.