Are tenants in Warren County required to purchase renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Warren County to obtain renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that renters buy a renter's insurance policy to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A landlord’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a useful archive for landlords in Warren County
- Before you lease out your rental in Warren County
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for landlords using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Warren County property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Warren County
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Warren County