What happens in Warren County when the lease is over?
At the end of the lease in Warren County, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The rental owner could choose not to renew the lease or the tenant could choose to not to renew the lease. If the owner wishes to end the lease, or conclude our management services, please send us written notice as described in your property management agreement.
If we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your rental producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will typically create a new lease for a renter 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease term in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the tenant two choices:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the rental property up for another year with a small rent increase.
When tenants break the lease
Sometimes things happen that require a tenant to break the lease. When this occures, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the rental investor. If a tenant leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the renter to lose the deposit but this is never a windfall for the owner. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new renter .
Readying the rental
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon renter move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the tenant 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the owner replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the rental owner paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the property owner's name.
a handy archive for property owners in Warren County
- Before you put a renter in your property in Warren County
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for landlords using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Warren County landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Warren County
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Warren County