What happens in Shenandoah County when the lease ends?
At the end of the lease in Shenandoah County, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The property owner could choose not to renew the lease or the tenant could choose to not to renew the lease. If the property owner wishes to end the lease, or conclude our property management services, please send us written notice as described in your rental management agreement.
If we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your rental property producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will typically contact a tenant 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease term in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the tenant two choices:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the rental up for another year with a small rent increase.
When tenants break the lease
Sometimes things happen which make a renter to end the lease before the lease term is over. If this happens, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the landlord. If a tenant leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the tenant to lose the deposit but this is never a windfall for the rental investor. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new renter .
Readying the rental
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon renter move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the renter 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the rental investor replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the property owner paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the rental investor's name.
a good reference for rental investors in Shenandoah County
- Before you put a renter in your rental property in Shenandoah County
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for landlords using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Shenandoah County rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Shenandoah County
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Shenandoah County