Newly-built homes in a colonial-era neighborhoood
The North End of Old Town has had some exciting changes over the past few years and the neighborhood, which was already very nice, is now even better.
Listings In Old Town North
Our real estate agents are professionals dedicated to excellence in real estate.
Single-Family Residences For Sale in Old Town Alexandria VA
Townhouses For Sale in Old Town Alexandria VA
Condominiums For Sale in Old Town Alexandria VA
Map of Property For Sale In Old Town Alexandria North
Refresh This Search
Considering selling your property in Old Town?
The best way to update a property is to paint it. It’s a job that many sellers can do themselves.
Here are six suggestions for making the work go quickly.
- Move the furniture. Get as much furniture as possible out of the way, and then cover what’s left with plastic drop cloths held in place with masking tape.
- Buy good paint. Top-quality latex interior paint will hide what’s underneath and make the job go faster.
- Tape the edges. Taping the edges with painters tape will speed up the job and make the results more professional.
- Work top down. Paint the ceiling first, then the walls, then the windows and trim and finally the baseboards. This will cut down on time spent repairing drips and splatter marks.
- Cut in the corners. Applying a three-inch band of paint around the edges will allow you to fill in the middle with a paint roller.
- Apply paint generously. Trying to stretch the paint won’t save sellers any money if they have to repaint.
Source: Paint Quality Institute (09/21/2010)