Managing your real estate investment
You get the cash flow. We get the work.
Your investment in real estate is a business like any other. As a landlord, you have expenses, income and with perseverance, you also have the expectation of financial reward.
In the business of real estate investment, nearly all cashflow comes from tenants. And that’s the catch: If you have tenants, you will have problems. Even the best of tenants have needs and all properties will require maintenance or management at some point. A property management company takes all the hassle out of rental management.
Questions to ask your property manager
What your property manager should know …
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you should definitely contact us to find out more about our property management services.
- What is the proper procedure for filing a notice to pay rent?
- What notices can permissibly be served to a tenant under the terms of a lease?
- What important legislation is looming on the horizon regarding debt collection?
- By law, what is the maximum security deposit you can collect in Virginia?
- What rights do you have (or not have) regarding pets on your property?
- What amenities are included (or not included) with your property?
- What are the latest fair credit reporting rules and requirements?
- What are the Federal and/or State laws that govern fair housing?
- What questions are you NOT allowed to ask on an application?
- What laws apply to abandoned personal property left behind by a tenant?
A good renter will respect your property and pay timely rent. A bad renter can damage or destroy your property. The worst of all renters damages your property and does not pay any rent at all. Life’s too short to deal with bad renters.
At Nesbitt Realty, we’ll find the best quality renter for your property. We carefully screen tenants to give the highest possible chance for success. Once the tenant is in place we fairly enforce the terms of the lease so that the tenant knows our expectations.
Once the property is leased, we’ll do the administration and handle the details of managing the property. We’ll maintain your good name and foster good relations between you and the tenant, but we will set clear boundaries so that your renter understands his rights and duties as a tenant.
Call us now to discuss how Nesbitt Realty can serve your needs: 703 765 0300.
Nesbitt Realty is a family-run business serving Northern Virginia. Your message will go directly to a real person who will respond prompty. Your email address and phone number will never be saved or sold to a marketing list.
If you’d like to learn more about us and how we work, we have several ways you can learn more about us. Firstly and mostly, feel free to call us at any time at (703)765-0300. We’re eager to serve and appreciate the opportunity to be of service. Secondly, there are many helpful articles on this website about property management and our process for handling property management. Thirdly, we highly recommend that you compare what landlords are saying about us and what landlords are saying about other property managers. On Angie’s List, for example, we are one of the highest rated property managers in Northern Virginia. (We like Angie’s List because reviewers have to pay to join the site and we know that reviewers are real people just like you.)
- Accounting of Rents and Expenditures for Property Management Clients
- Do you already have a tenant?
- Find a tenant for your property
- First-time using property management?
- Getting Your Property Management Started
- What differentiates Nesbitt Realty from other Property Managers?
- What is a contingency reserve account?
- Who uses Nesbitt Realty property management services?
- Review our property management services.
The founding members of Nesbitt Realty have been involved with property management for more than 25 years and Nesbitt Realty has been operating as a residential property management in Northern Virginia since 2009. Nesbitt Realty currently manages just 200 select properties across Fairfax County, Alexandria, Arlington and parts of Prince William County. This means that we’re big enough to have the necessary systems in place, but small enough to care about each and every account.
We can provide you with numerous references at your request. We are rated by Angie’s List users as one of the top rated property managers in Northern Virgina. We have won awards for outstanding customer satisfaction because we love serving landlords.
At Nesbitt Realty takes a family approach to achieving our client’s real estate goals. Because so many of us are family we have a different level of trust and communication inside our team and we use that to focus on what each of us does best. Different member of the team focus on different parts of the process to make sure that the landlord’s needs are met and the renters are taken care of.
We have experience preparing financial reports for our clients, administrating lease, dealing with tenant requests, doing inspections, writing leases, managing repairs and more. Most of our team members are also Realtors and as such we have experience helping our clients buy and sell property when the need arises.
Tips for Landlords
- Words that can terrify a Landlord . . .
- Important Reasons Why a Landlord Needs a Property Manager
- Property management: when the lease ends
- Advantages of Nesbitt Realty Property Management
- What's involved in Property Management?
- What is included in the price of Nesbitt Realty Property Management?
- What services does Nesbitt Realty provide for landlords?
- Looking for the big price drop?
- Who is today's homebuyer and why are they buying?
- Learn more about living in Alexandria VA.
- ‘Missing Households’ Plague Housing Recovery
- Big-Ticket Homes in Higher Demand
- Morningstar: 40 Months to Clear Distressed Inventory
- Affordability Remains High, Despite Price Gains