How we handle the utility companies for your rental investment in Boston
Please plan on paying your utilities through to the second day of the tenant taking possession of the rental property. We advise tenants to put utilities in their name 1 day before occupancy. We encourage this overlap between renter and rental investor to make sure that the utilities do not go off during the transition.
How much is your property worth?
Get a fast and free appraisal from a local expert.
a good source for property owners in Boston
- Before you lease out your rental in Boston
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Boston landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Boston
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Boston