A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Timberville
Several laws govern relationships between renters and property owners in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of renters and landlords in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. Also our local governments in and around Timberville have more ordinances pertaining to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty strives to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep abreast of changes in the laws when they happen. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a renter and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage refuses to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rentals. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a useful reference for rental investors in Timberville
- Before you lease out your property in Timberville
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Timberville landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Timberville
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Timberville