Are renters in Timberville required to obtain renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Timberville to pay for a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that renters obtain a renter's insurance policy which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. An owner’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a handy reference for rental investors in Timberville
- Before you put a renter in your rental in Timberville
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Timberville landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Timberville
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Timberville