How we handle repairs and maintenance of your rental property in Arlington Ridge
Nesbitt Realty aims to maintain a high-standard of living in the rentals we manage. We will work to see to it that the property exceeds the requirements of local building and health codes concerning the condition of your property .
So long as Nesbitt Realty is managing your property, we promise to make necessary and timely repairs to maintain your rental in a livable condition. We will maintain in good and safe working condition all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning units as well as other facilities and appliances, including elevators, supplied or required to be supplied by the landlord. We will make a reasonable effort to prevent the accumulation of moisture and the growth of mold. We will always provide and maintain good quality trash cans and trash pick-up services in common areas of your property. Unless the systems are in the process of being repaired or upgraded, we will supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water at all times as well as reasonable air conditioning, if provided, and heat when needed. We will strive to make all repairs and upgrades in a timely manner.
We want to keep your unit in good shape so we will occasionally schedule inspections of your property to keep things in top order. Inspections are performed by licensed home inspector for a nominal fee. Some repairs are not the rental investor's responsibility. For example, if the tenant damages or misuses the property, the renter can be held responsible for the cost of the repair. However, the inspection could uncover optional work/maintenance and we'll consult with the rental owner before taking on any optional repairs.
Upgrading the rental home
Some renters will want to obtain permission to paint. Other renters want to install new carpet. Sometimes the tenant pays for this. Often the rental owner pays for the work but builds the cost into a rent-increase. We'll take a look at any proposal and try to make it work for you the property owner.
If you wish to improve your property please describe the work you want to have done and we'll look into coordinating an upgrade.
a free archive for property owners in Arlington Ridge
- Before you rent out your investment in Arlington Ridge
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Arlington Ridge landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Arlington Ridge
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Arlington Ridge