Are tenants in Arlington Ridge required to obtain renter's insurance?

The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Arlington Ridge to obtain a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that renters buy a renter's insurance policy which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. A landlord’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.

Do you need a rental property manager?

Learn more about our rental management services. We service landlords in Virginia.