Are renters in Arlington Ridge required to pay for renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Arlington Ridge to buy a renter's insurance policy. However, our leases require that renters purchase renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a useful source for property owners in Arlington Ridge
- Before you put a renter in your property in Arlington Ridge
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Arlington Ridge property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Arlington Ridge
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Arlington Ridge