Are tenants in Arlington Ridge required to obtain renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Arlington Ridge to obtain a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that renters buy a renter's insurance policy which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. A landlord’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Do you need a rental property manager?
Learn more about our rental management services. We service landlords in Virginia.
a handy archive for property owners in Arlington Ridge
- Before you lease out your investment in Arlington Ridge
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Arlington Ridge rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Arlington Ridge
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Arlington Ridge