A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Arlington Ridge
Several laws govern relationships between renters and property owners in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of renters and real estate investors in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. And our local governments in and around Arlington Ridge have more ordinances pertaining to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty strives to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep up to date on changes in the laws when they occur. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a renter and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage will never to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rentals. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a good source for property owners in Arlington Ridge
- Before you move a tenant into your rental in Arlington Ridge
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Arlington Ridge property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Arlington Ridge
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Arlington Ridge