What happens in Pimmit Hills when the lease is over?
At the end of the lease in Pimmit Hills, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The landlord could choose not to renew the lease or the renter could choose to not to renew the lease. If the landlord wishes to end the lease, or conclude our management services, please send us written notice as described in your management agreement.
When we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your property producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will usually create a new lease for a tenant 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease term in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the renter two options:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the rental up for another year with a small rent increase.
When tenants break the lease
Sometimes things happen which make a renter to break the lease. When this occures, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the rental investor. If a renter leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the renter to lose the deposit but this is never a windfall for the landlord. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new renter .
Readying the rental property
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon renter move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the renter 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the property owner replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the landlord paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the rental owner's name.
a useful archive for rental investors in Pimmit Hills
- Before you move a tenant into your property in Pimmit Hills
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for landlords using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Pimmit Hills landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Pimmit Hills
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Pimmit Hills