A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Pimmit Hills
Several laws govern relationships between renters and real estate investors in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of renters and real estate investors in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. Furthermore our local governments in and around Pimmit Hills have relevant ordinances pertaining to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty is obligated to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep up to date on changes in the laws when they are published. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a tenant and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage will never to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rental properties. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a useful archive for rental investors in Pimmit Hills
- Before you rent out your investment in Pimmit Hills
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Pimmit Hills landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Pimmit Hills
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Pimmit Hills