Managing interactions with a renter in Penn Laird
One of the primary services that any property manager in Penn Laird performs is providing a level of separation between the tenant and the property owner. The best practice is for the owner to avoid any direct contact with the renter. Important tip for landlords: never share your contact information with the renter.
Tenants in Penn Laird often ask to bend lease provisions, or make other special requests. The property manager knows the lease and knows why the lease provisions exist. A renter can catch an uniformed property owner at a moment of weakness causing the owner to give into a request that is counter to the rental investor's own interests.
The consequence of acceding to a seemingly simple favor can be a disaster in the long run. Furthermore, once the renter believes there is a higher authority to appeal to, the renter will appeal every question to the property owner, which cost the owner time and effort.
Tenants will use contact with the landlord to build a personal relationship with the owner. Personal feelings can make it much harder for the property owner to make objective business decisions in a impersonal manner. Additionally, the tenant can hound or harass a property owner at odd hours or with crazy requests.
We're paid to be your defend the property owner's interests. It's harder to achieve that goal when the renter is going to ask the rental investor to second-guess our work.
a handy source for rental investors in Penn Laird
- Before you put a renter in your rental in Penn Laird
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Penn Laird rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Penn Laird
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Penn Laird