How Nesbitt Realty pays rental owners in Rappahannock County
Nesbitt Realty collects all funds from the renter. All funds must be received and all checks must clear prior to move-in. We will not give the renter any keys unless the lease is signed and funds have cleared.
Rent is due on the first of the month, but a lease can start on any day of the month and we will calculate prorations to make sure that you receive each day of rent that is owed to you. Nesbitt Realty calculates the daily rate by dividing your annual rent by 365.
Many condominium units have a move-in fee that must be paid prior to move-in. Additionally some communities have rules about when a resident may move in. Please remind us of any special rules or fees with the association so that we can ensure that the renter pays these in a timely fashion.
How does the landlord get paid?
Rent is due on the first of the month. Most renters pay on or around that date. We process rents as quickly as possible. Each month we account for many rent checks for many renters so we need take care that the renter's payment is applied properly to the right account. At that time we also need to check to see if there are any outstanding bills to be paid on your behalf.
Bills that you might owe include
- Commissions --- On the first month of your lease there might be commissions to pay for the cost of acquiring a tenant
Escrows --- When your account is established, we will withhold a portion of your money in a contingency reserve account. Later, we will use this money to pay for emergency and ordinary maintenance, so that account may need to be replenished from time to time.
- Property Management Fees --- Money rarely flows from you to us. Money normally flows from the renter to us to you.
- Loan Repayment --- If you have a repair that exceeds the amount you have in escrow, we will need to loan you money. This doesn't happen very often and we'll always give you a heads-up so you can pre-pay if you like.
You'll receive a property management statement to explain what money went where. If you have questions about that statement, call your management professional. At the end of the year we will compile those statements to produce a 1099 at the end of the year.
For many of our rental investorss we deposit money directly into their bank accounts. This is the quickest way to get paid. For this to happen, please supply us with a copy of a voided check. If you prefer to have checks mailed to you, let us know.
Each month, we prepare and send a detailed cash flow statement. We pride ourselves in the rapidity with which we process payments and prepare reports. In Rappahannock County, you can typically expect to receive funds on about the 7th of every month.
a free reference for rental investors in Rappahannock County
- Before you move a tenant into your property in Rappahannock County
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Rappahannock County owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Rappahannock County
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Rappahannock County