Are tenants in Rappahannock County required to obtain renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Rappahannock County to purchase renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that renters purchase renter’s insurance which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. An owner’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a good archive for landlords in Rappahannock County
- Before you rent out your rental in Rappahannock County
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Rappahannock County property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Rappahannock County
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Rappahannock County