Are renters in Rappahannock County required to pay for renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Rappahannock County to obtain a renter's insurance policy. However, our leases require that tenants buy renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. A property owner’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a good source for property owners in Rappahannock County
- Before you rent out your rental in Rappahannock County
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your managment company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Rappahannock County owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Rappahannock County
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Rappahannock County