Are you prepared to own a home? Good! Please rely on a responsive professional like Monika Ortiz to assist.
Fort Ward is the best preserved of the system of Union forts and batteries built to protect Washington, DC during the American Civil War (1861-1865).
FROGS (Friends of Green Spring) is dedicated solely to the support of Green Spring Gardens, a unique Fairfax County (Virginia) Park Authority site. A gem of a public garden and historic site, the garden’s 31 acres offer a multitude of settings, features, and programs to inspire and educate gardeners, provide a place for quiet contemplation for all, and open a window into the county’s cultural past.
A group of Fairfax County residents gathered Sept. 19 at the Dyke Marsh Wildlife Preserve for what was billed as an open carry hike along the Mount Vernon Trail in protest of the recent Board of Supervisors vote to ban guns on public property.
The Vienna Theatre Company is trying something new: Zoom performances. In October, three old-school radio shows will be held with limited in-person attendance and Zoom video conferencing. Upcoming shows:
Northern Virginia is beautiful all year long, but the stunning fall foliage makes autumn a perfect excuse to visit. Here are 9 spots to add to your list this year.
1. A Trip Around the World — Impress your date by taking an impromptu trip around the world via Arlington’s international restaurants.
2. Skate & Sip — Treat your better half to an evening of ice skating and drinks in Arlington’s Ballston neighborhood. Start the date off at the MedStar Capitals Iceplex, home to the Stanley Cup Champs Washington Capitals. Order is important! Skate, then sip.
3. Spice It Up — Arlington has a number of providers who offer an array of themed cooking classes that are perfect for date nights and chefs of all experience levels.
4. Dinner & a Show — The Village at Shirlington impresses with tree-lined streets and brick sidewalks lined with cafes, bars and restaurants. Stroll through Shirlington to the Tony Award®-winning Signature Theatre, where you can watch everything from Broadway-style musicals to independent plays.
5. Coffee & Convo — Clarendon’s Northside Social Coffee & Wine Bar serves up beautiful lattes and fresh baked treats on its expansive patio, or check out East West Coffee & Wine, the area’s newest stop, for a quick drink in the midst of Clarendon nightlife. In Ballston, head to Republik Coffee Bar for some java in a charming courtyard with a water fountain after strolling through the neighborhood or enjoying dinner at nearby Ballston Quarter.
6. Drinks with a View — Arlington offers some of the best vantage points of D.C. and some top spots for taking in that view with a drink in hand. There are many options in Rosslyn then stroll over to the nearby Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima) with impressive views onto DC.
7. Picnic & Pictures — On a sunny day, make plans for a romantic picnic with a view. Make your way to the Netherlands Carillon 50-bell tower, which affords beautiful views of D.C. and the Potomac River and plays an automated concert every day at noon and at 6 p.m. Or, get active walking or biking on the Mount Vernon Trail, visiting Gravelly Point to watch planes fly overhead as you enjoy your picnic and views of the Potomac.
Whether you’re looking for a new neighborhood to stretch your legs and get outside, need the perfect activity for entertaining family visiting from out of town or are longing to dine outside and toast reopening, Alexandria, VA is ready to welcome you.
Alexandria is not closed! There are a great many Things to Do in Alexandria Now.
Properties in Old Town Alexandria
The excitement of keeping your kid’s birthday party is now gone as the coronavirus pandemic has caused many changes to everyday lifestyle. There are however plenty of alternative ways you can make your kid’s birthday fun using these creative ideas. Continue reading