Your property manager does most of the work.
Although we'll do the heavy lifting, as the property owner, you must:
- Permit us to keep your rental property in good and safe condition;
- Permit us to obey building codes and housing regulations affecting fair housing, health and safety;
- Allow us to keep your reserve funds in good order.
Item 3, means that we may need to replenish your contingency account from time to time to pay for maintenance. Whenever possible we will do this from collected rents rather than collecting from you.
a free reference for property owners in Falls Church
- Before you rent out your investment in Falls Church
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Falls Church landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Falls Church
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Falls Church