Are tenants in Falls Church required to buy renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Falls Church to obtain a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants buy renter’s insurance which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A property owner’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a good archive for landlords in Falls Church
- Before you rent out your rental in Falls Church
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Falls Church rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Falls Church
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Falls Church