Are renters in Falls Church required to purchase renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Falls Church to purchase renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that renters purchase a renter's insurance policy to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. An owner’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Do you need advice about rental property management?
Talk to one of our experts about rental property in Virginia.
a handy source for landlords in Falls Church
- Before you rent out your rental property in Falls Church
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Falls Church landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Falls Church
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Falls Church