Are renters in Riverwood required to obtain renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Riverwood to obtain renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that tenants pay for renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a useful source for rental investors in Riverwood
- Before you rent out your property in Riverwood
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Riverwood property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Riverwood
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Riverwood