The Alexandria Small Business Development Center has lifted various restrictions on restaurants and other business in Alexandria. Arising from the meeting, the city will suspend enforcement of regulations and special use permit conditions which relates to hours of operation, deliveries, off premises alcohol sales and outdoor sales/dining. The changes in restrictions are as follows:
- There is a suspension of delivery regulations in an attempt to allow all restaurants to provide delivery and pick up services. Delivery vehicles and pick ups may be done using the on street parking.
- There will no longer be an enforcement on hours of operations for restaurants, convenience stores, catering operations and gasoline stations.
- Restaurants and retail establishments are now allowed to vend on adjacent sidewalks or parking lots.
- There will be a suspension of enforcement on alcohol sales including off premises alcohol sales and delivery. Businesses will still be required to stick to all VABC licensure requirements.
- There will be flexibility on restaurants to offer more outdoor seating areas with the purpose of social distancing.
Other regulations relating to temporary and permanent changes are set to be announced at a later date.