The Arlington Mill Community Center(AMCC) is a five-story community center offering a variety of activities for children, adults, and seniors above 55 years of age.
Located at 909 S Dinwiddie St, this state-of-the-art community center offers many community programs for the public. Here are some of the things you can do at Arlington Mill Community Center.
- Play some ball— the center has a full-size gymnasium that offers free drop-in activities such as basketball, soccer, and pickleball.
- Work-out and enjoy some views–there’s a small gym with cardio and a few weight training machines on the fifth floor of the center with windows facing Columbia Pike. Members can work out while enjoying some of the best views in the county.
- Games–there’s a well-equipped game room with wifi and public computers, a youth and adult pool tables, an air hockey table and a foosball table available to the public at no charge.
- Outdoor playground— if you have 3-5-year-olds, the center has an outdoor playground at the plaza to keep them busy while you attend to other matters.
- Toddler playtime— for parents with 1-5-year-olds, the center offers playtime on Tuesdays and Thursdays (10 am-12 pm) at the gym. There are some free toys but you can also bring your own.
- Senior room– the center also offers activities and services for adults above 55 years. The program is open Monday-Friday (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.) with evening & weekend programs as scheduled. There offer activities like exercise, travel, classes, and more.
Arlington Mill Community Center also offers free summer movies outdoors on Fridays at sunset and a farmers market on Saturday mornings. They have a two-story garage and parking is free for the first four hours.