Are tenants in Winchester required to pay for renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Winchester to purchase renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that renters buy a renter's insurance policy which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Do you need advice about rental property management?
Talk to one of our experts about rental property in Virginia.
a useful archive for property owners in Winchester
- Before you lease out your rental property in Winchester
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Winchester property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Winchester
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Winchester